Houston Astros Gold Glove infielder Jose Altuve is one of the most likable and animated characters in the game of baseball today.

Altuve is back at it again and is reportedly taking his talents to the recording studio. According to Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, the All-Star second baseman visited Phantom City Studio in Orlando to do a voiceover for “Uncle Grandpa,” a show on the Cartoon Network.

Audio engineer Eric Ortiz told the Chronicle that the session took an hour. Apparently Altuve passed with flying colors. “He was great,” Ortiz said. When asked about what kind of role Altuve would play, and when the episode would air, Ortiz said that those details couldn’t be revealed at this time.

Apparently Altuve is trying to one-up teammate Carlos Correa. Earlier this month, the 2015 American League Rookie of the Year signed a five-year sponsorship contract with Adidas, and around the same time he met with Legendary Entertainment and was offered an opportunity to be on the big screen in a movie the company is making about Roberto Clemente.

Ortiz also told the Chronicle that he isn’t surprised that Altuve visited Phantom City, because big-name celebrities tend to visit the recording studio, including Shaquille O’Neal, Snoop Dogg, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and Lindsay Lohan. Phantom City has also worked with major companies including Disney, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Studios.

For more information on the studio click here to check out their website.

If you’re not familiar with “Uncle Grandpa,” here are some highlights from the show:

I don’t watch this show, but I will have to record the episode that features Altuve’s voice. Stay tuned to Uncle Grandpa’s website for more information on when “Gigante” will appear!

About The Author

Joe Jacquez

Joe Jacquez is a sophomore at Mesa Community College covering the Arizona Diamondbacks and Major League Baseball. He plans to attend the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University in the Fall majoring in journalism. He writes sports, news, and feature stories for the Mesa Legend, the student-run newspaper at MCC. Joe is also a member of the Internet Baseball Writers Association of America (IBWAA). Follow him on twitter @joejacquezaz