The 2015 season is right around the corner, and the Chicago Cubs have started clearing up room down in their minors. The Cubs have to make room for the June Player Draft, and the Cubs have a lot of players for their lower levels. Here’s the players the Cubs released:
1) Ya0-Lin Wang: The Cubs signed Wang out of Taiwan in 2009. Wang throws right and is 23-years old. He last played in High-A.
2) Nathan Dorris: The Cubs drafted Dorris in the 17th round of the 2012 draft. Dorris is 24-years old and is a left-handed pitcher. Just like Wang, Dorris last played for High-A.
3) Zak Hermans: The Cubs drafted Hermans in the 30th round of the 2013 draft. Hermans is 23-years old and is a right-handed pitcher. Hermans manly pitched in Low-A last season, but did have a stint in Triple-A.
4) Lance Rymel: The Cubs drafted Rymel in the 28th round of the 2012 draft. Rymel is 24-years old and a right-handed catcher. Rymel just could not hit and did not play much last season. To get playing time, Rymel played at all the levels last season.
5) Josh Davis: The Cubs signed Davis as an undrafted free agent after the 2013 season. Davis is a 24-year old right-handed pitcher. Davis pitched in short-season A, Low-A and High-A last season.
6) Alberto Diaz: The Cubs signed Diaz four years ago. Diaz is a 23-year old left-handed pitcher. Diaz finally pitched in the states his past season and did not go well. He was pitching for the Cubs overseas in the previous three seasons.
7) Frailyn Figueroa: The Cubs signed Figueroa a few seasons ago and did not pitch in the states. Figueroa is a 19-year old left-handed pitcher that pitched in the Dominican last season.