The 2017-18 Major League Baseball has been unbearably slow. Close to no huge, top-20 free agent signings, only a few trades, and we’re a month removed from the heavily-anticipated Shohei Ohtani and Giancarlo Stanton moves.
We, as baseball fans, clearly need some excitement and fun. This could potentially do the trick if you’re as starved for our national pastime as we are. Refresh your memory from the eventful 2017 season by taking our interactive quiz, complete with slides, answers, and fun facts.
There are 50 questions, assembled into five different slides, with increasing difficulty. Don’t get too comfortable with this quiz, stay on the edge of your seat. Read the 10 questions on each page, then flip to the next one to see which ones you got right and wrong. Keep track of how you stand in the quiz, and comment below how many questions you get right. Here are the following tiers for the Baseball Essential trivia challenge.
- 0-5: Baseball Cretin. You have quite a bit of baseball to watch, so get to it.
- 6-10: Baseball Lummox: You should be embarrassed. Come on, this is baseball, the coolest sport on earth.
- 11-15: Baseball Simpleton. You might watch a good amount of MLB play, but you’re probably a little too casual to recall all of the details of the 2017 season.
- 16-20: Baseball Novice: You’re getting some knowledge under your belt, and you’re on your way to being a baseball megafan.
- 21-25: Baseball Learner: You might not have what it takes to reach the upper echelons of the quiz, but you’re clearly on the right track.
- 26-30: Baseball Median: You have middling baseball knowledge and wits. Be proud that you know more than most, but keep working on the finer points of MLB fandom.
- 31-35: Baseball Devotee: You might have a partial season-ticket package, maybe try and watch the games on TV, you know? You’re not crazy about the game, but you’re devoted to having fun and watching it.
- 36-40: Baseball Aficionado: You have to be very passionate about baseball to get into this level. Rejoice, my fellow fan.
- 41-45: Baseball Expert: You really know your stuff. You’re the kind of person who stays up and watches Sunday Night Baseball even when your team isn’t playing.
- 46-50: Baseball Diehard: We should bow down and bask in your glory. You probably enthusiastically watch and critique every pitch, every stolen base attempt, every infield shift, you name it. You’re a super fan.
With that, let’s get right into this. Please adhere to the guidelines to maximize fun and not water the results down. Good luck!
- True-or-False: Texas Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre notched his 3,000th hit in 2017.
- What team did Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton get traded to this offseason?
- Who led the American League in home runs in 2017?
- Which former AL Cy Young winner went to Houston at the waiver trade deadline in August?
- Which team had the best win-loss record in MLB in 2017?
- How many games did the 2017 World Series take to decide a champion?
- Which legendary New York Yankees infielder had his number retired on May 14th, 2017?
- True-or-False: The Cleveland Indians set an AL-record by winning 19 straight games in mid-2017.
- Which pitcher won the National League Cy Young award for the second-consecutive year?
- Where was the 2017 MLB All-Star Game and Home Run Derby held?